Flu Vaccination 2020
We are expecting the annual flu vaccination programme to start in early October 2020 and you can now phone to book an appointment. As a result of Covid-19 the clinics will be delivered in a different way to previous years. An appointment will need to be booked prior to attending the surgery.
We want to make the process as safe and secure as possible for both patients and staff. Social distancing rules will apply to flu clinics and there will be systems in place to direct patients and carers safely around the building.
Please read this document for further details:
Flu Vaccination 2020: Frequently Asked Questions
CORONAVIRUS - COVID 19 INFORMATION
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY OR A&E IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS.
The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- a high temperature - feel hot to touch on your chest or back or measuring 37.8 or greater on a thermometer
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste - you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you have symptoms please follow stay at home guidance and book a test
CONSULT NHS 111 ONLINE IF YOUR SYMPTOMS WORSEN
CALL NHS 111 IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS
CONSULT PUBLIC HEALTH WALES FOR THE LATEST UPDATES
COVID-19 TESTING AND TRACING
Covid-19 testing is available to anyone who has symptoms. At present testing is not carried out in the surgery. You should try to book a test on the first day that you have symptoms.
Tests take place at drive through testing centres or can be posted to your home.
You can request a test for yourself or for someone you live with via the NHS Wales website.
Alternatively you can request a test by calling the free number 119 between 7a.m. and 11p.m. People with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119.
If your test is negative, no further action is needed and you and your household can stop isolating, providing there are no new symptoms of coronavirus.
If your test is positive you will be contacted by a contact tracer from the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect Service.
More information about testing and contact tracing can be found here.
Be aware of Scammers
Contact from the NHS Wales Trace, Test, Protect service will only be from these official channels:
- Calls will be made from 02921 961133
- Texts will be sent from +447775106684
- Emails will be sent from: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make any form of payment or purchase a product - a coronavirus test and advice from the service is free
- Give out any of your bank details
- Give out any passwords, PINs or set up any over the phone
- Download any software to your computer or tablet
- Dial a premium rate number to speak to anyone.
If you are in any doubt, hang up and do not respond.
COVID -19 Related Employment Issues
If you are self isolating or staying home because of household contact please read the following for employment related issues
You can print an isolation note here.
You do not need to speak to a GP in order to get an isolation note.
For further information related to COVID-19 please go to the Coronavirus information page.