The Practice is taking part in the Covid-19 vaccine programme that is being directed by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board. Vaccine delivery dates and the priority groups that we are asked to vaccinate are regulated by ABUHB.
For the latest information and advice about what to expect when you attend for your vaccination please see the update accessed via the link below.
Latest Covid-19 Vaccine Update 18.2.21 and information for those attending the surgery for vaccination
The Practice is supporting the Welsh Government's COVID-19 programme and has been inviting patients to vaccination appointments once the first vaccines have been delivered.
Vaccines will be administered at The Practice but you may be asked to attend a Mass Vaccination Centre in the area. The Practice does not determine which site individual patients are invited to. Please see the latest news document linked above for details.
Vaccines are provided as an NHS service and are free of charge.
Patients will be prioritised in accordance with the Welsh Government's guidance:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
You can help yourself to stay informed about the vaccination service and appointment availability by providing The Practice with your current mobile phone number, if you have not already done so. The Practice will send important updates about vaccine availability and appointments via SMS (text message). If you don't have a mobile you could check this website for updates and you will be contacted via your landline or by letter when vaccination appointments become available.
You can provide us with your contact details, including a mobile phone number, via one of the following options:
- Completing the form accessed from the Online Services page of this website. Click the "Let us know if your name or contact details have changed" link.
- E-Consult - accessed from the blue box on the home page
- My Health Online (MHOL)
- Putting a note in the prescription drop box in the foyer at the surgery
- Phoning the surgery (please other options if you are able to)
Mass Vaccination Centre Appointments
We are aware that some patients are being invited to appointments at a Mass Vaccination Centre by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board. We have no influence or involvement in that process and recommend that you attend the appointment at the Mass Vaccination Centre, where you are able to. If you need to cancel or rearrange a vaccination appointment at a Mass Vaccination Centre please phone their booking line number. The number should be on the letter that you received confirming your appointment. We understand that the booking line may be busy but the surgery is not able to change the appointments at the Mass Vaccination Centres. Appointments are not interchangeable between sites.
Please refer to the following link on the Public Health Wales website for more information or to answer any questions you may have on the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Public Health Wales COVID-19 vaccination information